Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 6, 2011

Little Kindergarten Girl Expresses Her Love of Veggies During Walk Across America

One morning during "Walk Across America," my son's school's campaign to get children (and adults) engaging in physical activity every morning for 3 months during the spring before classes begin, a little girl exclaimed to me, "I eat healthy. I eat my veggies. I LOVE my veggies!" I recognized that she was one of the kindergartners who had recently joined us a beHealthy Institute with her class for a field trip to taste fresh and crunchy raw veggies. She took hold of my hand and walked with me telling me how many veggies she loves to eat. As a mom, I could not imagine a better moment! These are just the kind of encounters that make The Giving Garden, The Great Veggie Adventure and my work with Seeds of Living Education so meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment